REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A TOURIST VISA TO VISIT ARGENTINA:
- Validity of the Visa stamp: Three (3) months.
- Duration of stay in the Country: up to 90 days, each entry.
- Fees: Free of charge (*)
1. Passport: must be valid for a minimum of six (6) months from the intended date of entry and have at least two (2) completely free pages left, for the Consular visa stamp and the Argentina’s Migration entry and leaving stamps. Also, submit photocopy of the first and last page of the Passport.
2. Visa application form: Handwritten visa form should be filled in with (BLUE INK). All questions must be answered and the form must be signed by the applicant. Incomplete or incorrect forms will not be accepted.
3. Photo: Two (2) recent passport style, color photograph (4 x 4 cm). White background. Front Face.
4. Personal Letter of the applicant, addressed to the Consul, requesting the transitory Tourist Visa to visit the country, containing full address and telephone (contact number) of current address. (Please provide also a non-official translation into Spanish).
5. Travel Itinerary in Spanish (corresponding to the tickets provided)
6. Letter from the applicant’s employer in India confirming that is currently employed by the company, for how long, as well as his/her monthly wage or yearly salary. The letter must be original (no photocopies or faxes will be accepted), written in or translated into Spanish, on company letter-head paper, signed by the person in charge.
Note: If the Applicant owns the business or is self employed, please add a copy of your business’ official registration and a copy of the last “tax return”.
7. Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation or Registration Certificate or Letter of Membership from a recognised Chamber of Commerce.
8. Proof of Hotel reservation in Argentina: either guaranteed by a credit card or paid in full.
Note: If the applicant is visiting an argentine resident, family members or friends, and will load on Private residence an “original” invitation letter is required, duly singed from the same and certified by an Argentinean Notary Public and then attested by the "Colegio de Escribanos".
Please include the following paragraph in the invitation letter: "As I am inviting the foreigners, I have read and understood the terms established in Chapter VI of Law 25.871, articles 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 and 121."
9. Ticket Reservation: Copy of the airline flight roundtrip ticket reservation (Airline copy). One way tickets will not be accepted.
10. Evidence of funds to support your trip and stay in Argentina: a) Copy of applicant’s bank statements for the last six months, certified or attested by the bank; b) Last three months salary slips; c) Income Tax Returns of last three years (Preferable). d) Copy of an international credit card (if available).
11. Personal Interview: All visa applicants without exception are requested to be present for a personal interview with a consular officer. Appointment for this personal interviews is recomended.
12. Travel Insurance covering the duration of the stay in Argentina. (Preferable)
To avoid inconveniences, applicants are advised to submit their application at least thirty (30) days prior to the proposed date of departure. Aplication for a Visa requested within 10 days of date of departure will not be accepted.
In accordance with the relevant Law of the Argentine Republic and the international practice, the Consul is entitled to refuse the visa and request for more documents apart from the above mentioned list.
(*) Due to Bilateral Agreement between Argentina and India on facilitating mutual tourism and business development, Business and Tourist Visas for both nationals is free of charge. For other nationalities please contact our Consulate General tel.: 022-2287-1381